[GE users] my attempt to document the differences and improvements from 5.3 -> 6.0

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu May 6 21:25:13 BST 2004

Hello,

I'm really trying to stay on top of what Grid Engine 6 is going to
provide so to that end I sat down this week and wrote up a basic
personal cheatsheet on the differences between 5.3, 6.0 and the Sun
branded N1 Grid Engine 6 products.

It's available online here and I'll try to keep it up-to-date:

http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-6-features.html

All mistakes and omissions are my own of course. I'm not a developer or
any sort of real software engineer type so be forwarned!

I'm particularly interested in making sure I clearly comprehend the new
powers that the additional scheduling algorithms and policies bring.

Feedback and corrections of all kinds is appreciated.

As I've been gently reminded though, this list is not the place to
discuss in any real depth the 6.0 beta product. Please send feedback to
me directly or to the grid engine developers mailing list. If you are
beta testing the Sun N1GE 6beta2 product there is a different mailing
list entirely.

Regards,
Chris