[GE users] dry run and load thresholds

Dalibor.Tokic Dalibor.Tokic at avinci.de
Fri May 7 15:35:22 BST 2004

Hi!

The verify mode "just verify", when launching a job, does not work properly. Sometimes the following happens:

I do the "just verify" and get a positive response from the SGE, that a proper queue has been found
for my job. Then I launch the job and it gets stuck in the "pending jobs" list, instead of being instantly scheduled.

I have the suspicion, that "just verify" does not take into account the "load threshold" of the queues. It obviously does not check, if the load threshold is exceeded or not.

Is that possible?
Is that a bug?
How can I change that behaviour?

Greetings