[GE users] dry run and load thresholds

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Fri May 7 17:50:12 BST 2004

>I hope a programmer might help you to find the code section where you
need
>to change qmaster, but filing an RFE that it should be possible to answer
>both "questions" (look at empty or current cluster) with the dry run
option
>might be a good idea.

Hi Dalibor,

Just look at libs/sched/sge_complex_schedd.h:

   QS_STATE_FULL
      All debitations caused by running jobs are in effect.
   QS_STATE_EMPTY
      We ignore all debitations caused by running jobs.
      Ignore all but static load values.

And in daemons/qmaster/sge_job.c:

         if (try_it) {
            int prev_dipatch_type = DISPATCH_TYPE_NONE;

            /* imagine qs is empty */
            set_qs_state(QS_STATE_EMPTY);

            /* stop dreaming */
            set_qs_state(QS_STATE_FULL);
         }

You can play around with the QS_STATE_EMPTY/QS_STATE_FULL settings in
sge_job.c. Ask further questions on the dev list...

Rayson