[GE users] job context and resource requests

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Sat May 8 11:51:39 BST 2004

There is a undocumented hook that allows you exactly this. When you
submit a job with an empty env var that uses SGE_COMPLEX_ prefix this
is considered as a request to get the information you need in job's
environment

   > cat bin/envtester.sh
   #!/bin/sh
   #
   # -- our name ---
   #$ -N Envtester
   #$ -S /bin/sh

   env
   > qsub -o "$HOME" -v SGE_COMPLEX_arch bin/envtester.sh
   Your job 10815 ("Envtester") has been submitted.

after job was run

   > grep SGE_COMPLEX_arch  ~/*Envtest*
   /home/ah114088/Envtester.o10814:SGE_COMPLEX_arch=sol-sparc64
   /home/ah114088/Envtester.o10815:SGE_COMPLEX_arch=sol-sparc64

I verified it works in 60b2.

Hoping this is applicable with your setup.

I thought there was a corresponding IZ RFE requesting exactly
this. Searched around but was not able to find it.

Andreas