[GE users] dry run and load thresholds

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Sat May 8 17:02:24 BST 2004

BTW, in order to check if a job can run "now" or not, the user can submit
the job with an advance reservation.

I don't know how the AR works in SGE 6, but the Silver Meta scheduler uses
AR with callbacks to co-ordinate multiple clusters to make sure that a
parallel job can be started "at the same time" across clusters.

Without AR, the cluster scheduling decision can be changed at any time.

Rayson