AW: [GE users] dry run and load thresholds

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon May 10 12:23:26 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 12:01, Dalibor.Tokic at avinci.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanx for all your responses!
>
> Let me explain you my situation:
> We got here a grid with about 100 PC's splitted into several PE's.
> Every PE stands for a processor-class (PE-Opteron, PE-Xeon, PE-PIII, ...).

My first answer to this would be to use seq_no and set it lower for the
Opterons etc., then use $fill_up

That is of course stupid, as you could end up with a job using some
Opterons and some Xeons if there are Opteron slots free.

(By the way, are we assuming the Opterons are running the same 32 bit
compiled executables?)