[GE users] dry run and load thresholds

Dalibor.Tokic Dalibor.Tokic at avinci.de
Mon May 10 12:33:44 BST 2004

> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 12:01, Dalibor.Tokic at avinci.de wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Thanx for all your responses!
> >
> > Let me explain you my situation:
> > We got here a grid with about 100 PC's splitted into several PE's.
> > Every PE stands for a processor-class (PE-Opteron, PE-Xeon,
> PE-PIII, ...).
>
> My first answer to this would be to use seq_no and set it
> lower for the
> Opterons etc., then use $fill_up
You mean merging the PE's to one PE? Thought about that too.
But Fill_up is no good. round robin should be our choice.
Also the scheduler should chose the queues by load and not by the sequence number.
Or is it possible to use first the load and then the sequence number?

> That is of course stupid, as you could end up with a job using some
> Opterons and some Xeons if there are Opteron slots free.
>
> (By the way, are we assuming the Opterons are running the same 32 bit
> compiled executables?)
Yes. The standard binaries.

Greetings

Dalibor