[GE users] checkpointing

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Mon May 10 19:34:46 BST 2004

Hi,

I've looked over documentation on checkpointing, one specifically indicated
the use of condor libs.

To clarify my understanding of checkpointing: its fine to omit the fields
checkpoint, migrate, restart, and clean command if the jobs you are running
do not require any preparation for being moved, and these fields for a given
ckpt environment rely on discussion between admin and programmers, since
behavior of checkpoint,migrate,restart,and clean depends on the type of
program being run. Are these assumptions correct?

Patrice Seyed
Linux System Administrator - LINGA
RHCE, SCSA
Boston University Medical Campus