[GE users] 5.3->6.0 configuration migration

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 05:27:54 BST 2004

I know discussions on SGE 6.0 beta issues should be
done on the dev list, but I think many people are
interested in this one...

The answer seems to be no, because the queue
definitions in SGE 5.3 do not provide enough
information to build the SGE 6.0 cluster queue:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/unbranded-source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/cluster_queue.txt?rev=1.19&content-type=text/plain

Please check Q1 and it's answer.

Even if we put all the 5.3 queues in the cluster to
the default queue, there will be some manual work to
make it work properly.

Or may be things changed and I didn't know about, or
may be someone can come up with a script to handle
most of the work?

 -Ron