[GE users] Array Job Input Format?

Robert Griffiths Robert.Griffiths at t-mi.com
Thu May 13 08:49:19 BST 2004

Sam,

You will need to make your script file as generic as possible and where the
inputs are required to be different, put in a placeholder variable.

You can use something like the SGE_TASK_ID variable to make the inputs
unique - if that helps you. Say the inputs are data files for your
executable, then either call your files 1....50... (or however many elements
you want to run in your array) or make symbolic links to your data files
which are numbers. You can then access them using $SGE_TASK_ID

Similar schemes can be employed for more complicated inputs - you don't
specify how many arguments your executable takes, but I suspect you can
cook-up something which will work for you!

Hope that helps,

Rob