[GE users] priorities (for array jobs)

Bryan Bayerdorffer bryan.bayerdorffer at analog.com
Thu May 13 16:52:47 BST 2004

So I've traced the second problem some more.  In addition to the prec
resource, both array jobs also request an ncv resource.  Both are consumable
integers.  Suppose two array jobs are submitted in this order:

qsub -t ... -l ncv=1,prec=0 ...
qsub -t ... -l ncv=1,prec=1 ...

Now ncv is always fully allocated.  When some jobs finish and free up ncv
instances, the scheduler launches as many tasks from the first array job as it
can.  Then ncv==0 and so no tasks from the second array job can be launched.

So what I want is some way to tell the scheduler, "Fill the requests for prec
before the requests for ncv".  Is there a way to do this?  Would just listing
prec first in the resource request do this reliably?

Any help on the priority question?

--
Bryan Bayerdorffer        bryan at meatspace.net           bryan at spd.analog.com

"'National Security' is the root password to the Constitution."
                                                                 -- Phil Karn