[GE users] MPICH mpirun and rsh versus ssh

Tod Hagan tod at gust.sr.unh.edu
Thu May 13 21:12:32 BST 2004

I've installed Grid Engine on a cluster where I've been running MPICH
using ssh for transport. Previously, before executing mpirun users would
have to do the ssh-agent/ssh-add thing to avoid typing their password
many times as mpirun spawned off the ssh processes.

Now that Grid Engine is installed I've set up a parallel environment for
mpich, using the templates in SGE_ROOT/mpi. When I submit an mpich job,
the mpirun command fails with this message from ssh showing up in the
stderr output:

"Host key verification failed."

What do I need to do to get the MPICH/SSH combination working under Grid
Engine? Or do I need to recompile MPICH to use rsh?