[GE users] qrsh vs. qsub and exit 99 behavior

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Fri May 14 14:56:25 BST 2004

Hello all,

I have been working to incorporate SGE at my work to replace LSF.
This are going quite well, but I have noticed that the behavior of
qrsh is different than that of qsub when it come to requeueing on
an exit value of 99 from the prolog script.

qsub will not run a job if it gets an exit status of 99 and will instead
requeue and run only if the exit status of the prolog is 0. :-)

qrsh will not run a job if its prolog exits with 99 but it will *not*
requeue. :-(

I am trying to approximate the familiar behavior of LSF as that is what
users at my site are expecting.  LSF has a consistent behavior between its
interactive and batch submission command.  They both honor the exit status
and pend until it is 0.

Can this difference in behavior be change?

Thanks,
Kirk

--
Kirk Patton