[GE users] Selecting jobs by name

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri May 14 23:02:16 BST 2004

	How can I qalter or delete a bunch of jobs in the queue based on their
name?  If this is clear, ignore the rest...and put me out of my
misery...:)

	I'm sure I've done it before, but I'm drawing a blank and I can't seem
to find it in the man.  If I have several hundred jobs in the queue, 50
might be from one task, 70 from another, and they're all inter-mingled.
I would like to delete all of the jobs from a particular task.  A
typical naming scheme for our jobs would be:

	Renderer.SceneNumber.LayerNumber.FrameNumber

	for example

	M.Sc01.Lions.0023
	M.Sc04.Tigers.0101
	M.Sc01.Lions.0024
	M.Sc04.Bears.0002

	I want to delete, or even qalter(to get them isolated) all the Sc01
Lions jobs and leave the rest...

	Thanks

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Cats, no less liquid than their shadows, offer no angles to the wind.