[GE users] Configure mandatory resources for a queue ?

Voetelink D. voetelink at ecn.nl
Mon May 17 10:23:07 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to configure a queue, so that it will never be
used, unless some resource was specified.

At the moment we have a bunch of queues, and two queues which are
used for specific programs (which can only run in these queues due
to system-specific licensing). I configured a complex value on the
queues, but if someone submits a job without any resource requests,
the job will possibly be scheduled on one of the queues I mentioned
above. This is not really what we want....

So my question is if it is possible to put some sort of mandatory
resource/complex value on a queue, so that only jobs which explicitly
request it, will be able to run in the queue?

greetings,

Dennis

D. Voetelink
UNIX Systems Administrator

Energy research Centre of the Netherlands
Facilities Department - Automation Services

Petten, Netherlands

e-mail : voetelink at ecn.nl
phone  : (+31) 224 564738