[GE users] Configure mandatory resources for a queue ?

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon May 17 13:32:04 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 05:23, Voetelink D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to configure a queue, so that it will never be
> used, unless some resource was specified.
>
> At the moment we have a bunch of queues, and two queues which are
> used for specific programs (which can only run in these queues due
> to system-specific licensing). I configured a complex value on the
> queues, but if someone submits a job without any resource requests,
> the job will possibly be scheduled on one of the queues I mentioned
> above. This is not really what we want....

You'll want to modify the complex and set 'requestable' to FORCED.  We
have a couple of complexes like that and they work exactly like you
want.

[sean at head4 sean]$ qconf -sc stat
#name            shortcut   type   value           relop requestable
consumable default
stat             stat       BOOL   TRUE            ==    FORCED
NO         FALSE
##--- # starts a comment but comments are not saved across edits