[GE users] Configure mandatory resources for a queue ?

Mon May 17 15:36:25 BST 2004

Voetelink D. wrote:

> Sean Dilda wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 05:23, Voetelink D. wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a way to configure a queue, so that it will never be
>>> used, unless some resource was specified.
>>>
>>> At the moment we have a bunch of queues, and two queues which are
>>> used for specific programs (which can only run in these queues due
>>> to system-specific licensing). I configured a complex value on the
>>> queues, but if someone submits a job without any resource requests,
>>> the job will possibly be scheduled on one of the queues I mentioned
>>> above. This is not really what we want....
>>

>> You'll want to modify the complex and set 'requestable' to FORCED.  We
>> have a couple of complexes like that and they work exactly like you
>> want.
>>
>> [sean at head4 sean]$ qconf -sc stat
>> #name            shortcut   type   value           relop requestable
>> consumable default
>> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> stat             stat       BOOL   TRUE            ==    FORCED
>> NO         FALSE
>> ##--- # starts a comment but comments are not saved across edits
>> -----------------------
>

> This sounds great. However, it seems that this resource now needs to
> be requested
> for every job in every queue... correct?

No, all queues, which have the complex attached to them have the forced
attribute. You
could create a new complex "forced", add the resource which is forced,
and attach that
complex to the queues, which require the resource request. This will
result in only jobs
running in those queues, which request the attribute.

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
Stephan