[GE users] Users defined exit values for job requeue (issue #1053)

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 16:35:12 BST 2004

Hi all,

I am looking at issue #1053, and I am wondering if
other people would find this useful or not.

Currently, if your job exits with status 99, SGE will
requeue the job. And Kirk would like the cluster
admin. to be able to define a list of exit values, and
when your jobs exit with one of those, SGE would
requeue them as well.

Is defining a list in the queue config like OK with
you:
  reschedule_exit_status 1,2,99

I am looking at the code, and found that most of the
logic needs to be changed is in shepherd.c:

#define RESCHEDULE_EXIT_STATUS 99

ie. changing it from a macro to a value, and fixing a
few places would work.

 -Ron

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/