[GE users] Users defined exit values for job requeue (issue #1053)

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 02:08:05 BST 2004

For batch jobs, the main advantage is that users don't
need to worry about how to trigger the job to be
requeued, as they don't need to write code in their
job scripts to convert the exit code to 99.

For interactive jobs, I think it is easier to define
it at the queue level than at the per-job level the
requeue exit status.

I guess a lot of EDA clusters would find this useful.

BTW, I think if you don't define
"reschedule_exit_status" in the queue config, then we
will use status 99 as the requeue value, and this
should make everyone happy.

(Since SGE 6.0 will be out soon, this may be a good
item for 6.1)

 -Ron

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/