[GE users] Re: CPU Sets / SGE

svdavidson at swbell.net svdavidson at swbell.net
Tue May 18 05:00:41 BST 2004

Ron's right. Implementing a starter should be easy. The starter method just
needs to start the job using the appropriate cpuset command.

Regarding the availability of the IRIX cpuset starter - I'm on a business
trip at the moment. When I get back to my office I'll take a look.

BTW, I just got access to an Altix and I will be porting the IRIX cpuset
stuff that I developed to the Altix sometime during the next month or two
(it shouldn't take very long, but I have to fit it into my schedule a bit
at a time.) The IRIX implementation includes starting jobs in preallocated
or dynamically allocated cpusets. I will check and see if it's OK to
release this to open source.

Shannon