[GE users] SUSE 9.1 and SGE

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed May 19 15:04:41 BST 2004

	Yes, sorry guys I had just spent a long frustrating day hacking around
various issue with integrating SUSE 9.1 with RH7.3 and I was at wit's
end, resulting in a less-than-ideally detailed post.  :)  Many thanks
for the patient questions/suggestions.

	OK - I'm running SUSE 9.1 with the latest updates.  The outputs of
requested info:

	% /bin/uname -r
	2.6.4-54.5-smp
	% strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep "GNU C Library"
	GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3 (20040405), by Roland
McGrath et al.
	%

	so libc has bumped up a version from SUSE 9.0.  I'll start poking
around the archives and hacking the arch script to see if that
helps...any other thoughts are appreciated...

	Cheers,

	J.C.

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 03:17, John Hearns wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 07:39, John Hearns wrote:
>
> > > Architecture UNSUPPORTED-linux not supported by this procedure!
> > John,
> >    I have installed and run SGE fine on SuSE 9.1, on an Opteron cluster.
> I apologise. That's SuSE 9.0 of course. I plead posting at 7:30 my time.
>
> There are posts in the list archives though on the UNSUPPORTED
> architecture on SuSE.
> Look in the script util/arch where it looks for the version of libc on
> your system.
> Try running  strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep "GNU C Library"
> Which version is on a SuSE 9.1 system? (its 2.3.2 on 9.0)

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Campbell's Law:
	Nature abhors a vacuous experimenter.