[GE users] SUSE 9.1 and SGE

Matthias Mann Matthias.Mann at chemie.tu-dresden.de
Wed May 19 16:21:49 BST 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 16:35, you wrote:
> We did not get much feedback yet how the SGE binaries operate on a 2.6
> kernel - we appreciate feedback on your tests.
>
> Andy

Short feedback from my latest tests:
- no problems in restart and running SGEEE 5.3p6 on an already defined
  machine (AMD Athlon), which was updated from SuSE 7.2 to SuSE 9.1
  (however, some older applications have numeric problems with the
  kernel 2.6 !);
- until now no problems running a mixed patch level (SGEEE 5.3p6 on
  glinux and aix43 and SGEEE 5.3p2 on aix42).

Greetings,
Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Mann
DV-Koordinator Fachrichtung Chemie der TU Dresden,
Email: Matthias.Mann at chemie.tu-dresden.de