[GE users] SUSE 9.1 and SGE

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed May 19 16:26:43 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 11:21, Matthias Mann wrote:
> Short feedback from my latest tests:
> - no problems in restart and running SGEEE 5.3p6 on an already defined
>   machine (AMD Athlon), which was updated from SuSE 7.2 to SuSE 9.1
>   (however, some older applications have numeric problems with the
>   kernel 2.6 !);
> - until now no problems running a mixed patch level (SGEEE 5.3p6 on
>   glinux and aix43 and SGEEE 5.3p2 on aix42).

	Great to hear this Matthias...if I may borrow your expertise :) -
there's a service not running apparently called "afs" on my SUSE 9 -
it's listed in my /etc/services file, but I haven't found any run-level
scripts for it.  I'm assuming this is the reason why sge won't start -
when running the install program it warns me about this and seems to
fail.

	If this is non-trivial to answer without digging - don't worry about it
- I'll google around...:)

	Cheers,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Campbell's Law:
	Nature abhors a vacuous experimenter.