[GE users] does a user hold prevent other jobs running

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 13:45:17 BST 2004

I found that SGE doesn't schedule jobs to the slots
that have user qhold jobs. I think the reason is that
the user can qrls the jobs at any time, and new jobs
mean overloaded nodes.

Also, you can easily find the answer out if you have a
small cluster -- just submit a few jobs, and use qhold
to the running jobs, and then check if new jobs can be
scheduled to the nodes running the jobs.

 -Ron

--- "Philip Verdemato (4707)" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you apply a user hold to running job, can the
> node that this job
> was running on be used for further jobs  ?
> Or does the queue system show this node as being
> fully utilised and
> prevent further jobs being run on it until the hold
> is cleared ?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Phil

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year