[GE users] User Mapping ?

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Wed May 26 05:22:32 BST 2004

I see, thanks. Right now, I'm doing my own testing, so it's no problem for
me to build it. However, it's possible that I may need this feature for
future customer deployments, and it's pretty tough for me to build my own
distributions for all the different OS/arch.

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Ron Chen wrote:

> I am also interested to know why too :)
>
> Actually, Andrew Wang emailed me about it before,
> because someone from the condor mailing list was
> looking at SGE and found this feature useful.
>
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/condor-users/msg01383.html
>
> May be other developers can comment on the reason why
> it is turned off by default.
>
> BTW, can you install from source? Or are you setting
> SGE up for someone?
>

>> --- Melvin Koh <melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg> wrote:
>> Thanks Ron. Is there any particular reason why is it
>> not enabled ? does it has some potential problem ?

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Pte Ltd, Singapore
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/