[GE users] mpich machinefile hostlist

Jonathan Zweig jzweig at mii.ucla.edu
Wed May 26 22:12:35 BST 2004

Hello,
I have a question about using MPICH with SGE.   Is it possible to =
specify in a parallel
environment on SGE (e.g. mpich) which nodes in the grid work on which
modules?  For instance in a parallel environment which has 3 modules, =
we'd
like to have 2 nodes be allocated for module 1, 6 nodes for module 2 and =
1
node for module 3.  How do we do this?  Is it by using the "-machinefile =
<hostlist_file>" command ? If so, can you give me an example.  If not, =
then how is it done?  Thanks so much.

Jon