[GE users] specific process on specific node ( host )

Jonathan Zweig jzweig at mii.ucla.edu
Thu May 27 00:54:48 BST 2004

Hello,
I am trying to specify which process runs on which node in the grid.  Basically the command that I'm running is this:

qsub -pe mpich 4 executable.csh

where executable.csh contains :

mpirun -pg -machinefile /itm/home/sgeadmin/machines -np 4 ./InnerClassTest.jig

where "/itm/home/sgeadmin/machines" contains a list of hosts (nodes) according to process number:

host1
host1
host2
host2

Everything runs correctly, except the processes are not being run according to the specification in the "machines" file.
Why is this?

Jonathan