AW: [GE users] specific process on specific node ( host )

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Thu May 27 09:15:45 BST 2004

Jon,

I quickly read through the brief flurry of emails and if I've understood
what you want to do, I must ask the dumb and/or provocative question: why
are you using the gridengine for this task at all?

If you wish to specify that certain jobs only go to specific machines, why
not build your own dispatch script?

	rsh machine1 job1
	rsh machine2 job2
	rsh machineN jobN

Before we started with the gridengine, this is exactly what our dispatch
script used to do.

/mark

Dr. Mark Olesen
Thermofluid Dynamics Analyst