[GE users] Why is ENABLE_FORCED_QDEL false by default?

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Fri May 28 21:00:40 BST 2004

I think this is more of a correctness thing...

Under normal operations, users should be able to delete their own jobs,
whether the jobs are in the queued or running state.

There may be some siturations that cause SGE to think that the job is
running but it is in fact not, like the machine just crashed or may be even
a bug... in those cases the users should tell the admin to force deletion
of the job rather than trying to fix that himself...

Rayson