[GE users] Another csp problem

Co Thai Ngo cngo at nmsu.edu
Mon Nov 1 18:00:38 GMT 2004

I've done the following steps to install master and execution nodes.

On the master node:

*********
master# install_qmaster -csp
tar cvpf sge.tar /var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default
**********

Both master and execution node have openssl 0.9.7b installed.

*******
master# openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003

node2# openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003
********

On the execution node,

*************
node2# tar xvpf sge.tar
node2# ls -lR /var/sgeCA/sge_commd
total 1
drwxr-xr-x  4 sgeadmin  wheel  512 Nov  1 10:30 default

/var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default:
total 2
drwx------  2 sgeadmin  wheel  512 Nov  1 10:30 private
drwxr-xr-x  4 sgeadmin  wheel  512 Nov  1 10:30 userkeys

/var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default/private:
total 4
-rw-------  1 sgeadmin  wheel   887 Nov  1 10:30 cakey.pem
-rw-------  1 sgeadmin  wheel   887 Nov  1 10:30 key.pem
-rw-------  1 sgeadmin  wheel  1024 Nov  1 10:30 rand.seed
-rw-------  1 sgeadmin  wheel   753 Nov  1 10:30 req.pem

/var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default/userkeys:
total 2
dr-x------  2 root      wheel  512 Nov  1 10:30 root
dr-x------  2 sgeadmin  wheel  512 Nov  1 10:30 sgeadmin

/var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default/userkeys/root:
total 7
-r--------  1 root  wheel  3663 Nov  1 10:30 cert.pem
-r--------  1 root  wheel   887 Nov  1 10:30 key.pem
-r--------  1 root  wheel  1024 Nov  1 10:30 rand.seed
-r--------  1 root  wheel   761 Nov  1 10:30 req.pem

/var/sgeCA/sge_commd/default/userkeys/sgeadmin:
total 7
-r--------  1 sgeadmin  wheel  3669 Nov  1 10:30 cert.pem
-r--------  1 sgeadmin  wheel   887 Nov  1 10:30 key.pem
-r--------  1 sgeadmin  wheel  1024 Nov  1 10:30 rand.seed
-r--------  1 sgeadmin  wheel   761 Nov  1 10:30 req.pem
***********

I got the following error when I run install_execd -csp on the execution node.

*************
# Version: 5.3
#

Grid Engine group id range
--------------------------

When jobs are started under the control of Grid Engine an additional group id

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------
error: certificate not yet valid
error: failed verify own certificate
critical error: failed initialize security data

Command failed: bin/nbsd-i386/qconf -sh

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

error: certificate not yet valid
error: failed verify own certificate
critical error: failed initialize security data

Command failed: bin/nbsd-i386/qconf -sconf global

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

This host has the local hostname >node2.cluster<.

This host is unknown on the qmaster host.

Please make sure that you added this host as administrative host!
If you did not, please add this host now with the command

   # qconf -ah HOSTNAME

on your qmaster host.

Check again (y/n) [y] >>

************************

It's definitely certificate problem because when I run install without csp
option, I got no error. The node2 is added as an administrative host. And I got
the error when I ran qconf from the node2.

*****
node2# bin/nbsd-i386/qconf
error: certificate not yet valid
error: failed verify own certificate
critical error: failed initialize security data
******

Any help to resolve this problem is highly appreciated.

--
Co Thai Ngo
Dept. of Biology