[GE users] Download page problem

Pacey, Mike m.pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 16:04:55 GMT 2004

> Someone reported similar problems before, and I think it was caused by the
> web browser.

Thanks for tip Rayson. I've tested this with Firebird under Linux, Netscape under Solaris 8, and Mozilla and IE under Win XP - unless the majority of browsers have this bug, I think the problem lies a little further upstream. The only areas of commonality I can identify are the Download webpage itself and the fact that all the browsers I tried had to go through the same local proxy.

I've finally managed to download using lynx under both linux and solaris.

Regards,
Mike.