[GE users] Resource allocation in Parallel

Nitin Raina nr at fluent.co.in
Fri Nov 5 10:08:35 GMT 2004

Hello All,

We are trying to run a parallel job which would need 3GB of memory . We
have all the compute nodes with 2GB RAM  and 2 CPUs only.
They is a way to  run the serial jobs with command like qsub -l
mem_free=1.5GB job.sh.

However is there a way where  I can do this in a parallel mode where it
picks 2 free cpu's across the queues and shares the memory as well as
2GB+1GB  or 1.5GB+1.5GB or as per the free memory available in the
machines included in the queue.

Any inputs here?

Thanks,
Nitin