[GE users] questions about hostname resolution

Ed Struzynski Ed.Struzynski at rlx.com
Mon Nov 8 19:46:54 GMT 2004

When creating the cluster manually I answer "yes" to the "Are all hosts of your cluster in one DNS domain?"  question, and using a template.conf file I have:

# If true, the domainnames will be ignored, during the hostname resolving
# if false, the fully qualified domain name will be used for name resolving
HOSTNAME_RESOLVING="true"

However, I don't see ignore_fqdn in the qconf -sconf output. Adding this, using qconf -mconf, then restarting sge does not change the output.

The problem is consistency, regardless of whether on or off, I would expect the hostname output to always be displayed as a fqdn, or always not.

Ed s.