[GE users] questions about hostname resolution

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Mon Nov 8 19:53:21 GMT 2004

What does $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/<platform>/gethostbyaddr return when you give
it the IP of your hosts?

Rayson

>When creating the cluster manually I answer "yes" to the "Are all hosts of
your cluster in one DNS domain?"  question, and using a template.conf file
I have:

># If true, the domainnames will be ignored, during the hostname resolving
># if false, the fully qualified domain name will be used for name
resolving
>HOSTNAME_RESOLVING="true"
>

>However, I don't see ignore_fqdn in the qconf -sconf output. Adding this,
using qconf -mconf, then restarting sge does not change the output.

>The problem is consistency, regardless of whether on or off, I would
expect the hostname output to always be displayed as a fqdn, or always
not.