[GE users] questions about hostname resolution

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Nov 8 20:49:32 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 15:39, Ed Struzynski wrote:
> Can you tell me the exact steps you use?

I have a customized install, so the paths may not be perfect

First I make sure the node isn't in any hostgroups or queues.

$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgemaster stop
rm $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/exec_hosts/<nodename>
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgemaster start

You may also need to run one of these while sge_qmaster isn't running:
rm $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/submit_hosts/<nodename>
rm $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/admin_hosts/<nodename>