[GE users] Submitting Jobs

Evan Klinger eklinger at uci.edu
Tue Nov 9 22:17:15 GMT 2004

Good evening everyone.

I am attempting to submit jobs through SGE as root and as my local
account 'eklinger' but I only receive the following:

x:~ root# qsub /usr/local/sge/examples/jobs/simple.sh
Unable to run job: warning: root your job is not allowed to run in any queue
your job 5 ("simple.sh") has been submitted.
Exiting.

I added 'root' and 'eklinger' to the access list (I thought) by using
qconf -au root user_lists. But that did nothing. This is on a 40-node
XServer cluster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Evan Klinger
NACS RCS