[GE users] Cant read usage file error

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 10 00:29:00 GMT 2004

> No change, however, I'd already poinhted the qlogin_command, qlogin_daemon
> and rlogin daemon to /usr/sbin/ssh. I tried putting them back to their
> default values but no difference.
>
> I'm curious, what do other people assign these things to be?

Can it be related to BerkeleyDB spooling?

> I'm dubious about using rlogin, telnet, rsh for security reasons.

Well, this is another point of discussion. There maybe the security on the way
to the node or on the node itself. If you have a dedicated cluster in a private
network (which can't be reached from the outside world at all - only through
the master-node), I don't see a big security risk of using rsh (and an
individual daemon will be started for each connection with a new port - you
don't need to open a setting in inetd.conf or equivalent). - Reuti