[GE users] Submitting Jobs

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 03:59:01 GMT 2004

I know there is something wrong in your configuration
- SGE can't find your host in the cluster queue to
execute your jobs, but I don't know how you got into
that state.

With "qstat -f", all.q should have at least 1 host
attached to it (in my case, farm1), and with "qstat -g
c", you should be able to figure out the number of
processors available in that queue. See my sample
output:

% qstat -f
queuename                      qtype used/tot.
load_avg arch          states
all.q at farm1  BIP   1/2       2.01     lx26-amd64

%  qstat -g c
CLUSTER QUEUE                   CQLOAD   USED  AVAIL
TOTAL aoACDS  cdsuE
all.q                             1.00      0      2
   2      0      0

Are you seeing something similar?

 -Ron

--- Evan Klinger <eklinger at uci.edu> wrote: