[GE users] Submitting Jobs

Evan Klinger eklinger at uci.edu
Wed Nov 10 04:51:46 GMT 2004

Ron Chen wrote:
> If you just want to try SGE using the setup you have
> now, you can run install_execd on your master host.
>
> If you don't want to use NFS with SGE, you can read
> this howto:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/nfsreduce.html
>
> But for users new to SGE, starting with an NFS shared
> SGE_ROOT would eliminate lots of headaches.

It seems that something is going wrong during the execd installation.
Here is what happens:

Do you want to add a default queue instance for this host (y/n) [y] >>

unable to resolve host "x1"
unable to resolve host "x1"

I'm not sure why it's trying to only resolve x1 and not the full domain
like I have set in default/common/bootstrap.

Evan