[GE users] 6.0 qstat - possible RFE

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Wed Nov 10 20:40:48 GMT 2004

I agree that the output of qstat is not as good as it could be.

I believe that SGE 6.0 offers XML output so that you can parse the
output into whatever format suits you.  I have not tried it yet.

I wrote a script to makes the display of qstat a little more LSF'ish.
It parses the output of qstat -ext -r.  It offers a -w, wide format.
It has some filtering capabilities as well.

It is attached if you are interested.  It does not address the issue of
SGE usability "out of the box", but make things more readable.

The SGE_ROOT is hardcoded at the top of the script.  You will need to
change it for your site if you decide to use it.

Kirk

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 06:24:38PM +0100, G?ran Uddeborg wrote:
> Pacey, Mike writes:
> > [...] qstat now runs to 112 columns - not good for users with standard
> > 80-column displays.
>
> What about taking some inspiration from LSF: in normal mode the
> commands prints in 80-column style, omitting and/or truncating columns
> as necessary.  With a "-w" flag, the full information is written
> without any truncation, however wide it needs to be.

Kirk Patton
Unix Administrator
Transmeta Inc.
Tel. 408 919-3055