[GE users] OpenMP problem on SGE

Rajesh Korde rajesh.korde at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 21:26:44 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:36:05 PST, Rayson Ho <raysonho at eseenet.com> wrote:
> What is the patch level of SGE 5.3 are you using??

sge-5.3p5-1. It was installed from the SGE roll in ROCKS 3.1.0.

> Also, I think it is related to the stack limit difference between the
> interactive shell and the batch environment... can you submit a job that
> displays the system limit (tcsh: limit, sh/bash/ksh: ulimit -a), and also
> the hard limit (tcsh: limit -h, sh/bash/ksh ulimit -aH) and also show us
> the output of the same commands from the interactive shell??
>
> Rayson

output from batch job

--system limits--
core file size              (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size             (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size                      (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 4
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                             (-n) 1024
pipe size              (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size                  (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time                  (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes               (-u) 7168
virtual memory            (kbytes, -v) unlimited
--hard limits--
core file size              (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size             (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size                      (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 4
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                             (-n) 1024
pipe size              (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size                  (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time                  (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes               (-u) 7168
virtual memory           (kbytes, -v) unlimited

output from interactive shell on the same machine

--system limits--
core file size             (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size            (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size                     (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memoy     (kbytes, -l) 4
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                             (-n) 1024
pipe size              (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size                  (kbytes, -s) 10240
cpu time                  (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes               (-u) 7168
virtual memory            (kbytes, -v) unlimited
--hard limits--
core file size              (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size             (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size                      (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 4
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                             (-n) 1024
pipe size              (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size                  (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time                  (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes               (-u) 7168
virtual memory            (kbytes, -v) unlimited

[korderaj at compute-1-14 korderaj]$ uname -a
Linux compute-1-14.local 2.4.21-4.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Nov 29 04:15:49
GMT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

rsk
--
Rajesh Korde