[GE users] 6.0 qstat - possible RFE

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Wed Nov 10 21:50:19 GMT 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:56:09PM -0500, John Coldrick wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 15:40, Kirk Patton wrote:
>
> > The SGE_ROOT is hardcoded at the top of the script.  You will need to
> > change it for your site if you decide to use it.
>
> 	Actually, FYI it's defined but not referenced...I had to skim farther down
> and hack in the path.  I couldn't get it to do anything, but it was a cursory
> glance.  I suspect, based on the path to qstat containing "linux", that this
> was originally SGE 5.3?  For me, the SGE6 binary path contains lx26-x86 and
> similar.  That may explain why it didn't do anything - qstat params may have
> changed.

Yes, we are still on SGE 5.3p6 at my site.  I have another copy of the script
adjusted for the SGE 6.0 path at out site.

The script will show the jobs of the current user by default.  If you wanted to see
the jobs for all users, you would specify '-u all'.  That is the way LSF's bjobs
command works by default.  Since I patterened the output to be similiar to bjobs,
I made that the default behavior in the script as well.

Kirk

> 	It's odd, I was just this afternoon starting to look at writing a Python XML
> parser for 'qstat -xml' output.  Seems like useful data and the way to go if
> you're starting from scratch...
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	J.C.
>

> --
> John Coldrick                  www.axyzfx.com        Axyz Animation
> Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
> 416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
> jc at axyzfx.com                                        M5V 1S4

Kirk Patton
Unix Administrator
Transmeta Inc.