[GE users] 6.0 qstat - possible RFE

Pacey, Mike m.pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 14:43:41 GMT 2004

> I agree that the output of qstat is not as good as it could be.
>
> I believe that SGE 6.0 offers XML output so that you can parse the
> output into whatever format suits you.  I have not tried it yet.
>
> I wrote a script to makes the display of qstat a little more LSF'ish.
> It parses the output of qstat -ext -r.  It offers a -w, wide format.
> It has some filtering capabilities as well.

Thanks for the perl script, Kirk. I've been putting one together myself using XML::Simple and the format command, though I've not yet fully deciphered the dtd.

To Andreas: thanks for issue tracker ticket numbers. The analogy of ps -o was exactly what I trying to say. As an earlier poster pointed out, that sort of feature will definitely prevent a number of us re-inventing the wheel! That said, my main bugbear was the FQDN, which from a previous thread appears to be a bug in 6.0u1.

The qstat RFE seems to have generated most responses - I've only seen one request for top/prstat style output to be added. Any chance I can add it as an RFE, too?

Regards,
Mike.