[GE users] shadow master

Charles_Hook at freddiemac.com Charles_Hook at freddiemac.com
Fri Nov 12 00:58:11 GMT 2004

Hi there,

In setting up version 6, we configured a shadow master according to the
instructions in the installation guide.  But tonight we had a failure of
the master and the shadow did not pick up even after 45 minutes.  We were
getting messages to the effect of

not able to contact qmaster [hostname] on port 536

Now the configuration and setup are correct, and we tried to restart the
daemons on the original master host and actually go that same message about
the port.  A reboot of the original master brought the grid back up, but I
am still concerned that the shadow didn't pick up?

Do I need to run the install_qmaster script on the shadow master as well?

Thanks,
Charles Hook
SAS Administration

    [ Part 2, Image/GIF (Name: "pic24087.gif") 1.4 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]