[GE users] shadow master

Charles_Hook at freddiemac.com Charles_Hook at freddiemac.com
Mon Nov 15 14:52:23 GMT 2004

The file didn't contain any useful information.  It actually had the same
message that I was getting when trying to run the sgemaster script from the
command line, which was that it couldn't contact the qmaster via port 536.

However the setup was fine and the ports were specified.  When I tried a
qstat on this host, it core dumped.  So we rebooted the host and the master
daemon started up without issue.  We have not had a problem since then, and
after setting the

SGE_DELAY_TIME
SGE_CHECK_INTERVAL
SGE_GET_ACTIVE_INTERVAL

variables, we were able to get a reliable and timely failover time after
time.

Thanks,
Charles Hook
SAS Administration

             "Ron Chen"
             <ron_chen_123 at yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
                                       users at gridengine.sunsource.net
             11/12/2004 07:41                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GE users] shadow master
             Please respond to
             users at gridengine.
               sunsource.net

Anything there in the shadow's logfile?

It's named "messages_shadowd.*" and it should be in
the same directory as the qmaster's logfile.

 -Ron

users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

    [ Part 2, Image/GIF (Name: "pic30231.gif") 1.4 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]