[GE users] Emailing users their usage statistics

aaron at cs.york.ac.uk aaron at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 15:07:14 GMT 2004

Deark Kirk,

> The way I handled the issue of re-using job requirements was to implement
> framework of job classes using a submission script.

In a sense, meta-queues, by the sound of it.

The question I have to think about is whether adding an extra possible
layer will confuse users more or less than the current system! I am
familiar with how it works so it isn't always easy for me to tell how
complex a system is to use, and we rely on users who are having problems
to ask us questions to determine if a system is too complex when actually
in production. Training, of course, solves some of these issues, but only
if users turn up! If you have any feedback from your users on how they
found this set up that would be interesting.

One of the side advantages I can see is that other things could possibly
be hidden within the scripts (TOG, file transfer, etc).

Sincerely,

Aaron Turner, White Rose Grid (York)