[GE users] CPU time

Jiansheng Xiang J.Xiang at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 18:52:24 GMT 2004

Dear All,

We are running SGE 6.01 in a Linux cluster with 8 nodes. We set Maximum
CPU time to 10hours. We noticed several jobs were halted on master host
due to CPU time was over 10hours, however the wallclock time was less
than 10hours. The example message (job 171) is below. We also checked
completed jobs on this host (master host), we found CPU time is less
than the sum of user time and system time. The example message (job 139)
is below. Could you please tell about how the SGE or Linux calculate on
CPU time, what's wrong with my master host?

Best wishes,
Jason
-------------------

Job 171 (Jason-run) Aborted