[GE users] Dropped because it is temporarily not available

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Tue Nov 16 19:10:36 GMT 2004

Hi All,
  I've been hacking steadily away at this stuff (with a sidebar over to
Torque, alas no satisfaction there either!^).  I'm a little further down
the road with gridengine and have a new set of questions:

I had mistaken th error mesage provided through the "why" button on the
Job Control qmon menu.  It's really saying:

instance "batch at bp08.isis.unc.edu" dropped because it is temporarily
not available
instance "all.q at bp08.isis.unc.edu" dropped because it is temporarily
not available
Queues dropped because of overload or full

I suspect that I have mis-configured the queues, and I further suspect
that the queue_control frame would allow me to modify this. I have,
however, no idea what any o the appropriate values should be.

Lastly, though I've loaded db.4.2, it appears I've placed it in a place
where gridengine cannot find it:

Installing DB library: /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib ...
cp -p .libs/libdb-4.2.dylib /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.dylib
cp -p .libs/libdb-4.2.lai /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.la
cp -p .libs/libdb-4.2.a /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.a
ranlib /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.2.a
cp -p libdb.a /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.a
ranlib /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.a

since when I run the following test:

bp08:/usr/gridengine/utilbin/darwin root# ./spooldefaults test
critical error: cannot startup spooling context
error: couldn't open berkeley database "sge": (2) No such file or  directory
error: startup of rule "default rule" in context "berkeleydb spooling" failed
error: couldn't close database environment: /opt/default/spooldb: (22) Invalid argument
error: shutdown of rule "default rule" in context "berkeleydb spooling" failed

The usual feelings of gratitude exist should anyone provide a pointer out
of this confusion...

Paul Mitchell

	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall