[GE users] How to tranlate "user_sort true" to SGE-6.0?

Erik Soyez soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Nov 17 11:00:20 GMT 2004

Thanks Reuti,

I read that document three times....

....but I am sorry, I do not understand it.  Not yet, hopefully.
I don't understand what "user objects" are.  I don't understand what
"automatically created users" are.  I don't understand what "virtual
nodes" are.  What I think I understand is that I should not need to
understand these things to simply get the funcionallity of "user_sort
true" of SGE-5.3.  All I want is some primitive sort of fair share.  I
just want to know how to do it.  If the overhead of studying all these
complex things is too large, I will simply install 5.3 again.

So lets change my question to:

Is there a quick way of achieving the same effect under 6.0 as with
"user_sort true" under 5.3?

Thanks again,

:-)Erik.