[GE users] ownership of sge files

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Thu Nov 18 18:34:53 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 17:23 +0100, Andy Schwierskott wrote:
> John,
>
> the ownership of files is not anymore changed in 6.0 (execpt for the suid
> binaries). In 5.3 the ownership was changed to the admin_user for most
> files.

I see what is happening now.

For my situation, I started with the files installed
with sge as owner, then when the SetFilePerm was
called all the ownership changed to user=0 and group=0.
Rather than having the files changed to admin_user,
I actually wanted the ownership to remain as is (which
actually matches the admin_user) for all but the suid
files.

Thanks,
John

-----
#---------------------------------------------------
# SetFilePerm
#
SetFilePerm()
{
   f="$1"
   user="0"
   group="0"

   $ECHO "Verifying and setting file permissions and owner in >$f<"

   chmod -R go+r $f
   find $f -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
   find $f -type f -perm -100 -exec chmod go+x {} \;
   chown -R $user $f
   chgrp -R $group $f
}
-----